Manuscrip(the Dead Sea Scrolls)
(9) [... 1 saw Watchers]
(10) in my vision, the dream-vision. Two (men) were fighting over me, saying ...
(11) and holding a great contest over me. I asked them, ‘Who are you, that you are thus empo[wered over me?’ They answered me, ‘We]
(12) [have been em]powered and rule over all mankind.’ They said to me, ‘Which of us do yo[u choose to rule (you)?’ I raised my eyes and looked.]
(13) [One] of them was terr[i]fying in his appearance, [like a serpent, [his] cl[oa]k many-colored yet very dark...
(14) [And I looked again], and ... in his appearance, his visage like a viper, and [wearing ...]
15) [exceedingly, and all his eyes ...]
(1) [... em]powered over you ...
(2) [I replied to him,] ‘This [Watcher,] who is he?’ He answered me, ‘This Wa[tcher ...]
(3) [and his three names are Belial and Prince of Darkness] and King of Evil.’ I said, ‘My lord, what dom[inion ...?’]
(4) [’and his every way is darkened, his every work da[rk]ened. In Darkness he ...
(5) [Yo]u saw, and he is empowered over all Darkness, while I [am empowered over all light.]
(6) [... from] the highest regions to the lowest I rule over all Light, and over al[1 that is of God. I rule over (every) man]
(1) [of His grace and peace. Over all the sons of Lig]ht have] I been empowered.’ I asked him, [What are your names ... ?’]
(2) He [s]aid to me, ‘[My] three names are [Michael and Prince of Light and King of Righteousness.’]
Testament Of Amram
extracted from 'Dead Sea Scrolls Uncovered'
by Robert Eisenman and Michael Wise
the fragment from the dead sea scrolls above explain the two dragons, of the night and the day and includes their names and powers. Astrologers will understand them as Tzedeq/Jupiter - "King of righteousness and Shabbatai/Saturn-"King of "Evil"".
The above and left page of text from an aboriginal American creation story sees the original "powers" of creation as different "whirlwind moving crosses" and the Black whirlwind is the one who rules all that is "dark" and deep as the Black water Dragon is the deep feminine waters of birthing. We are now with Rosh Chodesh Shevat and next month Adar/the Jewish new months of Shevat and Adar entering the Asian year of the Black Water Dragon. There are five kinds of dragons in the Asian calendar system and they do have a direct correspondence with the five kinds of root souls in the Hebrew wisdom tradition. The black water Dragon of this developing cycle is about the Nephesh water soul. This does correspond to the "dragon of the haYom/Sea in Hebrew and gnostic wisdom texts. This is a very auspicious time. In the Torah parsha of this week we now have Aaron who brings the first three kinds of plagues to the oppressors, and each involve the water element. Aaron begins the Hebrew priesthood which carries the Nephesh root/water soul. His brother Moshe/Moses carries the Neshamah wood/root soul and their sister Miriam carries the Chayah/Earth root soul. In the asian wisdom these three root souls correspond to the Black Dragon, Wood Dragon and Earth dragon(Nephesh/Neshamah/Chayah). The wisdom traditions and the prayerforms of the great religions have taken active parts in making these elemental powers conscious and awakened.
In the Mayan/aztec calendar teachings the Black Dragon does correspond to the deity called Tezcatlipoca/power of the Night. In a feminine form she appeared in Ancient America as the Black Earth Mother and became the Our lady of Guadalupe to many American Christians of old Mexico. It is a related form of this one who the ancient American elders have said would be revealed to the world in our times as we move out of a purification period between an old cycle and the new dawn of a new world where truth is more easily available. The great scholar of Chicano and Native wisdom,Tony Shearer, in his books told us that when the mask of tezcatlipoca was removed the world would be surprised at who he really is. Tony Shearer had a deep understanding of the wisdom lineages and the awesome nature of our times.
(the aleph letter art image above is from the Kosmic kabbalah art of David Friedman)